Responsible for the buying/procurement of computer solution focused products from creation of purchase order to fulfillment and delivery of goods to client. Supports post-sales customer service for both internal and external clients. May support other administrative or operations tasks as a backup role. This role requires a high level of responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction both for our clients and for our sales and service team around the purchasing and delivery of products. PEAK currently offers products and solutions from more than 20 different technology partners resulting in a varied and highly unique purchasing process. This position is required to fully understand and support these processes which may vary order to order.
General Job Description:
- Creating purchase orders to fulfill client requests for computer solution focused products quoted by Company’s Sales Team. This process includes reviewing multiple documents and instructions to ensure accurate data entry and to meet customer requirements for delivery.
- Placing orders with suppliers via email, application or website following Company policies and best practices determined by the type of product, manufacturer or vendor selection.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure appropriate pricing or program requirements are attached to the order.
- Communicating with suppliers to ensure customer requirements and instructions regarding delivery, due dates and similar information are attached to the order.
- Monitoring required dates for products and working with suppliers to meet dates whenever possible. Alerting appropriate internal or external customers to possible missed dates.
- Recording all information related to delivery of products including expected ship dates, tracking information, serial numbers and other supplier provided data.
- Completing the receiving transactions for products drop-shipping to the client to update the sales order to a shipped status.
- Responding to inquiries from internal or external customers in a prompt and professional manner.
- Assist with daily 2nd Q/A (quality assurance) of orders shipping out of warehouse to match physical products to paperwork.
- Assist with special projects or take on additional responsibilities to ensure time is fully utilized.
- Support other staff within the department by performing backup role activities. This include coverage for vacations or out of office and covering team members assigned to other projects. Support role may cover sales order review and processing, warehouse shipping/receiving, some basic accounting tasks and front office tasks as requested. Cross-training across multiple jobs is expected.
- Utilize organization skills to ensure work is prioritized and completed to meet requirements
- Ongoing communication to supervisor on workload, training and other needs to ensure high level of service is maintained within the department.
- Provide feedback, suggestions and areas of overall improvement for Operations and Procurement processes.
The above is a summary of the current responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities may be revised based upon growth of the position and as needs of the Company or department change.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an order processing or purchasing role
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a role that is 75% computer/data entry based
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent note taking and written instruction skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills including managing multiple files and documents, organizing and prioritizing tasks, and maintaining large amounts of instructions and information
- Proficient with email and calendar applications such as Outlook including how to manage and organize mail, schedule meetings and check availability;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including understanding formulas for math calculations, data sorting and formatting, and similar. Prefer skill level to be able to create documents not just maintain existing workbooks. Need to be able to understand how to format documents to print clearly using margins, column changes, and sheet selections.
- Familiarity communicating via instant message such as Lync or Skype
- Familiarity with multi-line phone systems
- Familiarity using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat/Reader including how to format documents to print.
- Familiarity with printing and scanning documents.
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage or other ticketing software a plus
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle stress in a positive manner
- Ability to take direction from multiple personnel
- Ability to work independently as required
- Ability to manage high workloads at times and self-awareness to request support when needed
- Experience in a technology industry or high desire to learn about a technology industry a must
Work Environment & General Information
- Weekdays, Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm with 30-60 minutes for lunch break
- Position is full-time (40 hours), paid hourly and electronic time clock is used for recording hours.
- Generally, limited overtime required and little to no weekend work other than on volunteer basis
- Break room on premise
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities available through supervisor
- Pay is bi-weekly, every (2) two weeks via direct deposit
- 8 Paid Holidays including two days at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days) ranges from 2 – 4 weeks based upon years of service and accrues monthly.
- Benefits eligibility starts after 30 days and offers medical, dental, Life, LTD, FSA, HSA, voluntary insurance benefits, identity theft, teledoctor, and 401(k).