HMC, VIOS, LPARs (IBMi)
The POWER Server Assessment is specifically designed to provide documentation, analysis and evaluation of the physical and logical aspects of the POWER Server infrastructure, HMC, VIO servers, and any LPARs running IBMi, network topologies and relevant configurations.
* required field
Goals & Objectives
The POWER Server Assessment report provided after the diagnostics and discovery has been conducted, is an easy to understand and comprehensive technical explanation of the subject infrastructure. In addition, the report will include recommendations for remediation such as how to modify system configurations, and other necessary changes to best ensure a fast and reliable experience for your organization’s users. The goal of this assessment is to help reduce the risk of downtime, lost productivity, and potential data loss.
- Hardware analysis to compare the environment to other similar deployments. Identify where changes may result in higher consolidation ratios, better performance, and a lower TCO.
- Inventory of the environment to document and understand OS levels, workloads, licensing, and supportability issues.
- Identifying and addressing potential performance issues.
- Reducing the potential of downtime and lost productivity.
- LPAR Space utilization, memory, CPU utilization, network configuration, users, etc.
- HMC versions, Firmware versions and recommendations, vulnerabilities, best practices.
- VIO server software versions, updates, bottlenecks, performance impacts, and recommended improvements.
- Managed system overall health, available resources, dynamic configuration capabilities, weight/value analysis.
DATA CENTER SERVICES OVERVIEW DOWNLOAD PEAK provides the expertise, insight and guidance organizations need to understand how to align and leverage the right data center technologies to support today’s business and the roadmap of tomorrow. Submit * required...
DC YOUR WAY OVERVIEW DOWNLOADDelivering infrastructure and applications efficiently, securely and within budget has never been more complex. User expectations, business priorities, industry regulations and compliance requirements are ever changing and often create a...
Data Center Practice Overview DownloadPEAK provides the expertise, insight and guidance organizations need to understand how to align and leverage the right data center technologies to support today’s business and the roadmap of tomorrow. * required fieldData...