Cloud Automation Architect
A Career at PEAK Resources
PEAK Resources is seeking a lead Cloud Automation Architect.The position will be responsible for providing in-depth consulting, architectural design, and implementation services for PEAK’s diverse clients.
This position will work closely with other IT engineering disciplines to architect and implement complex IT automation solutions meeting the business requirements of our clients. The ideal candidate is someone extremely comfortable in client facing roles — from presenting new and advanced cloud and automation technologies, to determining and documenting customer requirements, developing and presenting technical solution architectures, and finally leading or implementing the final design.
This combination of technical expertise combined with excellent customer relationship management skills will allow the successful employee to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients on portfolio of current and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the overall success of the PEAK team.
- Articulate technology and product knowledge to clients and sales team.
- Eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Assess and identify customer needs and recommend solutions aligned with customer business. and technical requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates in line with the needs of clients and budgets.
- Develop content and conduct product demonstrations and webinars.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Contribute to the development of statement of work documents for complex engagements (to include working with sales executives and other engineers to adequately scope and price complex engagements)
- Work with sales to build relationships with key client personnel and communicate our solutions to diverse groups within the client.
- Design, build and implement complex cloud and automation solutions to a diverse range of clients
- Stay current with certifications and technical expertise, specifically as it pertains to automation and cloud platforms (AWS and Azure Architect level certifications highly desired)
- Deliver professional services in support of engagements surrounding the OEM solutions that are sold
- Provide technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of specific OEM products and PEAK solutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of specific OEM product lines
- Assist in the design and deployment of PEAK internal processes and procedures
Business Generation / Planning
- Providing leadership in cloud and automation solutions for our portfolio of clients.
- Meet with customers, helping establish and document requirements, and develop solution proposals (often in conjunction with other technology SME’s)
- Contribute technical input to RFP/RFI activities
- Provide Business development for market verticals you are involved in.
- Evaluation of new technologies for PEAK in the cloud and automation space
Client / Vendor Interaction
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Schedule and attend client facing meetings with new and established clients.
- Participate in vendor technical and account planning meetings.
- Develop and present technical proposals with ROI/TCO where required.
- Follow-up on outstanding proposals / validate client has everything needed in order to progress sales cycle and technical adoption of proposed solution.
- Provide guidance, oversight, and quote management with distribution partners.
- Validate quotes referencing contract vehicles where necessary.
- Look to streamline internal processes so quotes can go out the door expediently with accuracy.
- Keep task list updated for all tasks assigned to you.
- Attend weekly team and 1:1 meetings to discuss open tasks.
Education and Experience
- Proven track record in working within technology teams, architects etc.
- Working knowledge of the most current HyperScalers from a deployment / provisioning / tenant design perspective
- Experience with Ansible / Puppet / Chef or other platform
- Experience in JSON / XML o Experience creating / writing scripts to automate the provisioning and maintenance of systems in a distributed, cloud infrastructure
- Work in small team of cloud engineers performing core infrastructure software engineering tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 5+ years’ experience in IT Infrastructure
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with configuration management platforms:
- Ticketing / automation integration experience from above configuration management platforms
- Experience with cloud deployed automation platforms:
- AWS Lambda
- AWS systems manager
- Azure automation
- Experience with VMware automation management and orchestration toolsets (Aria)
- (vRealize Suite – vRA, vRO, vROPS and vRB)
- AWS Solution Architecture
- Azure solutions architect
- Linux Redhat RHCE
Other Preferred Experience
- Redhat Enterprise Linux
- Redhat Ansible Tower
- APM tools – DynaTrace, APP-D or other
- High Degree of situational awareness and customer service skills
- A self-starter and fast learner
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work well both in teams and independently
- Ability to work flexible work schedules (weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet business needs)
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet internal and external objectives
- We are looking for an engineer who considers themselves to be a “people person” and a strong team player
The annual salary for this position is $150K
Benefits and Other Considerations
- Multiple health insurance options including a High Deductible Health Plan that can be paired with health savings account.
- Dental PPO plan.
- Flexible Spending Account for health or dependent care savings.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability benefits.
- Supplemental benefits for employees and eligible dependents including vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and identity theft protection.
- Company-paid wellness/lifestyle spending account benefit.
- Benefits and HR support through internal personnel or our broker partners.
- 401k plan with Company match including both traditional pre-tax and Roth plans.
- Flexibility in schedule and time required in office.
- 8 Paid holidays including 2 days at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Paid time off (PTO) benefits.
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities