IT Project Coordinator
A Career at PEAK Resources
Privately owned, PEAK was founded in 1991 in Denver by our current president and CEO Vince DeRose. In every situation we strive for excellence, from our technical and architectural efforts to our professional services and project management delivery. We do all of this with an explicit focus on integrity and the priorities of our clients. PEAK is selective in the partnerships that we choose to enter and we explicitly claim to not be “all things to all people”. As opposed to selling and claiming to be experts at an extremely large line-card of products, we feel that our focus on being excellent at the products and services we represent offers our clients a relationship with a much more specialized approach.
PEAK employs a highly experienced team of technology consultants, account executives, architects, engineers, and project management professionals. These positions are supported by a highly motivated and customer-focused team of professionals including accounting, customer service and operations personnel. We are looking for dynamic new individuals to join our growing team and we invite you to get to know more about our company and culture. We offer a great salary and commission plan, a full benefits package, flexible territory planning, amazing technical and engineering support and dedicated sales support personnel.
- Act as a resource within the PMO that contributes to the processes and practices of the group, constantly enhancing the value-based results provided to PEAK Resources.
- Be the primary PMO resource on lower tier projects, providing coordination, communication, and documentation to facilitate successful project completion. Initially, these will be Time and Material projects and projects with 1-2 technical resources.
- Provide portfolio level reporting and status information on all assigned projects at the direction of the PMO.
- Support Professional Services scoping activities from an administrative perspective, helping to organize and craft scope documents in collaboration with the Director of Professional Services and the Director of Project Management.
- Undertake training, both direct and indirect, to grow and develop understanding and capability with project management practices.
- Direct training will be provided by the PEAK PMO.
- Indirect training may be online, specific coursework, self-paced learning, etc. to enhance knowledge and gain certifications.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients on portfolio of current and emerging technologies.
- This position will be evaluated based overall average successful project completion.
- Successful project completion at PEAK is defined as on-time, on scope, on budget completion of projects with satisfied customers.
- Demonstrably improving capabilities with project management practices and principles to be measured via a person specific development plan.
- Noted active participation in the development and improvement of the PMO processes and practices to help ensure they are value based, functional, and practical
- A foundational level understanding of project management practices and concepts, especially focused on documentation and communication principles.
- Some experience as a project coordinator, project manager, or having managed projects without the official title is needed.
- Personality conducive to handling multiple tasks quickly, with strong organizational skill and documentation practice.
- Must be willing to learn, grow, and take on new challenges consistently in the workplace.
- A base understanding of technology concepts such as application hosting, infrastructure, data center structure, etc. is strongly preferred. An ability and inherent interest to learn is a minimum.
- Proficient and demonstrable understanding of customer communications and professionalism in written and verbal communication.
- Proficient understanding of task scheduling practices (assigning tasks, dealing with competing priorities, communications around scheduling, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Reports to the Director of Project Management
- Salary commensurate with experience
- References needed
Benefits and Other Considerations
- Multiple health insurance options including a High Deductible Health Plan that can be paired with health savings account.
- Dental PPO plan.
- Flexible Spending Account for health or dependent care savings.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability benefits.
- Supplemental benefits for employees and eligible dependents including vision, voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and identity theft protection.
- Company-paid wellness/lifestyle spending account benefit.
- Benefits and HR support through internal personnel or our broker partners.
- 401k plan with Company match including both traditional pre-tax and Roth plans.
- Flexibility in schedule and time required in office.
- 8 Paid holidays including 2 days at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Paid time off (PTO) benefits.
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
PEAK Resources, Inc. is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer