The ideal candidate is someone extremely comfortable in client facing roles – from presenting new and advanced network technologies to determining and documenting customer requirements, developing and presenting technical solution architectures, and finally leading implementation of the final design. This combination of technical expertise combined with excellent customer relationship management skills will allow the successful employee to become a trusted advisor capable of building solid, long-term relationships with our clients.
The Network Systems Engineer position will work closely with engineering, sales and PMO within the company to successfully deliver technical expertise of all network related products and service offerings to clients. This role requires primarily a focus on networking technologies and the peripheral technologies that support network related solutions, cloud consumption models are quickly becoming a key consumption model for network related artifacts as an example. A focus on Cisco related switching and data center technologies is preferred.
- Contribute to the overall success of the sales team and services team by delivering solutions that are relevant and industry leading.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients based on the technology need
- Develop content and conduct product demonstrations and webinars when needed
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs with your extended team
- Assist in the creation and review of SOW documents
- Stay current with certifications and technical expertise in the chosen discipline
- Prepare cost estimates in line with the needs of clients and budgets
- Articulate technology and product knowledge to clients and sales team
- Eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches to presenting and delivering technical solutions
- Work with the extended technical team on assessments and recommend solutions based on client needs based on assessment results
- Establish strategic planning initiative to provide clients with consistent and accurate upgrade paths across network, and cloud technologies being presented
- Take lead on responding to all relevant RFP/RFI activities with extended team.
- Deliver onsite/remote billable technical network based solutions, based on SOW scope.
- Provide Business development for market verticals you are involved in.
Client / Vendor Interaction
- Schedule and attend client facing meetings with established clients
- Schedule and meet with Vendors for account planning
- Present client proposals and solutions once approved and vetted with team members
- Follow-up on outstanding proposals / validate client has everything needed to execute on a given solution
- Provide guidance, oversight and quote management with distribution partners.
- Validate quotes referencing contract vehicles as appropriate.
- Look to streamline internal processes so quotes can go out the door expediently with accuracy
- Keep task list updated for all tasks assigned to you
- Attend weekly team and 1:1 meetings to discuss open and in progress tasks
- Working knowledge of the most current network technologies and products used in the industry, focusing on Cisco route/switch and datacenter technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one or more engineering discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with Cisco network products
- Nexus 2000 / 5000 / 7000 / 9000
- Catalyst 3×00 / 4500 / 6×00 / 9000
- ASA Firewalls
- Router / Gateway Products ASR/ISR etc
- Nexus NXOS knowledge required
- Cisco ACI / SDN experience highly desirable.
- VPC, FabricPath, OTV, NX-OS, IP internetworking, LAN Switching, NFV – Network Virtualization
- Layer 3 Networking (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Layer 2 Network configuration (VLAN/802.1x/port-security)
- Layer 1 Network infrastructure (cabling, switch ports, optics, etc.)
- IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting issues in complex datacenter environments, participating effectively with SME’s representing other technologies
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying scripts aiding in automated solutions a plus
- Cisco Networking
- Cisco Certifications – highly desired – CCNA/CCNP
- Other OEM Network / Security certifications desired