Senior Project Manager
A Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) at PEAK Resources is responsible for managing projects assigned by the Project Management Office (“PMO”). This requires the ability to add value to every project while ensuring projects are completed on time, on scope and on budget. This will be done through project strategy, coordination and communication activities built on a foundation of project management practices and principles. Additionally, a Sr. PM may be asked to be responsible for aiding less experienced PMs as needed and will have a key part to play in the strategic and overall direction of the PMO at PEAK.
- Act as a resource within the PMO that contributes to the processes and practices of the group, constantly enhancing the value-based results provided by PEAK to our customers.
- Be the primary PMO resource on projects of all difficulties as assigned, providing coordination, communication, and documentation to facilitate successful project completion.
- Provide portfolio level reporting and status information on all assigned projects at the direction of the PMO.
- Support outside sales activities as assigned as a secondary activity to PMO projects
- Undertake training, both direct and indirect, to grow and develop in any functional area that may be improved such as finance management, leadership, or business topics.
- Direct training will be provided by the PEAK PMO and potentially other key personnel within PEAK Resources..
- Indirect training may be online, specific coursework, self-paced learning, etc..
- Gain a satisfactory level of proficiently in the use of PEAK’s ConnectWise application used for tracking hours, utilization and project profitability..
- This position will be evaluated based on overall average successful project completion.
- Successful project completion at PEAK is defined as on-time, on scope, on budget completion of projects with satisfied customers.
- Noted active participation in the development and improvement of the PMO processes and practices to help ensure they are value based, functional, and practical.
- Noted support both direct and indirect of less experienced project managers to ensure project success, professional growth, and overall success for PEAK and its customers.
- A thorough and practiced understanding of project management principles, functions, and activities.
- An extremely effective and proven communication process and methodology that supports our customers and overall project success.
- A core belief in strong documentation and organization practices that would result in directly transferable project information to another project manager.
- While there is no specific “years of experience” requirement for work experience, there must be a significant background in successful delivery of projects as a Project Manager, not as a technical resource or other role. This position will require autonomy as a Sr. PM and while there will be support for them, the expectation is that they have and will be able to manage projects mostly without additional guidance.
- Formalized training is required. A PMP certification is not mandatory (but would be a bonus) however there is a need for a strong understanding of these processes to be successful in this role.
$125,000 – $150,000
- Reports to the Director of Project Management
- Salary commensurate with experience
- References needed
- PEAK offers health insurance through Cigna which includes both a traditional PPO plan with an option for health FSA or a High Deductible (HDHP) plan with HSA option. PEAK shares the cost of premiums for employees and eligible dependents.
- Dental PPO plan.
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability benefits.
- Supplemental benefits including vision, voluntary life, short term disability, accident, critical illness, and id theft protection.
- Company paid wellness benefit.
- Benefit support services through insurance broker.
- 401k plan with up to 4% Company match. Plans offered include traditional and Roth plans; employees are 100% vested in their own contributions and vested after 24 months of service in any Company matching contributions.
- Position offers flexibility in schedule and telework options especially for inclement weather.
- 8 Paid holidays including 2 days at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Flexible paid time off and Colorado paid sick leave to support work/life balance.
- Benefits eligibility after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities.
- Company events throughout the year ranging from lunches to afterhours events.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer