IT Project Coordinator
An IT Project Coordinator at PEAK Resources is responsible for bringing value to all projects as assigned by the PMO. This will be done through project coordination and communication activities built on a growing foundation of project management practices and principles. In addition to the direct work role, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for learning and developing their project management capabilities so that they may take on a larger role within the organization over time. This role will report to the Director of Project Management.
- Act as a resource within the PMO that contributes to the processes and practices of the group, constantly enhancing the value-based results provided to PEAK Resources.
- Be the primary PMO resource on lower tier projects, providing coordination, communication, and documentation to facilitate successful project completion. Initially, these will be Time and Material projects and projects with 1-2 technical resources.
- Provide portfolio level reporting and status information on all assigned projects at the direction of the PMO.
Support Professional Services scoping activities from an administrative perspective, helping to organize and craft scope documents in collaboration with the Director of Professional Services and the Director of Project Management.
- Undertake training, both direct and indirect, to grow and develop understanding and capability with project management practices.
- Direct training will be provided by the PEAK PMO.
- Indirect training may be online, specific coursework, self-paced learning, etc. to enhance knowledge and gain certifications.
- This position will be evaluated based overall average successful project completion.
- Successful project completion at PEAK is defined as on-time, on scope, on budget completion of projects with satisfied customers.
- Demonstrably improving capabilities with project management practices and principles to be measured via a person specific development plan.
- Noted active participation in the development and improvement of the PMO processes and practices to help ensure they are value based, functional, and practical.
- A foundational level understanding of project management practices and concepts, especially focused on documentation and communication principles. Some experience as a project coordinator, project manager, or having managed projects without the official title is needed.
- Personality conducive to handling multiple tasks quickly, with strong organizational skill and documentation practice.
- Must be willing to learn, grow, and take on new challenges consistently in the workplace.A base understanding of technology concepts such as application hosting, infrastructure, data center structure, etc. is strongly preferred. An ability and inherent interest to learn is a minimum.
- Proficient and demonstrable understanding of customer communications and professionalism.
- Proficient understanding of task scheduling practices (assigning tasks, dealing with competing priorities, communications around scheduling, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
$50,000 – $75,000
- Reports to the Director of Project Management
- Salary commensurate with experience
- References needed
- PEAK offers an excellent benefits package that includes
- PEAK offers health insurance through Cigna which includes both a traditional PPO plan with an option for health FSA or a High Deductible (HDHP) plan with HSA option. PEAK shares the cost of premiums for employees and eligible dependents.
- Dental PPO plan
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Supplemental benefits including vision, voluntary life, short term disability, accident, critical illness, and id theft protection
- Company paid wellness benefit
- Benefit support services through insurance broker.
- 401k plan with up to 4% Company match. Plans offered include traditional and Roth plans; employees are 100% vested in their own contributions and vested after 24 months of service in any Company matching contributions
- Position offers flexibility in schedule and telework options especially for inclement weather.
- 8 Paid holidays including 2 days at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Flexible paid time off and Colorado paid sick leave to support work/life balance
- Benefits eligibility after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Company events throughout the year ranging from lunches to afterhours events
PEAK Equal opportunity Statement
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer