IBM Partner Overview
IBM offers a wide variety of technology products and services such as hardware, software, cloud computing, AI, and consulting.
PEAK Resources and IBM
PEAK Resources and IBM have had a strategic partnership dating back over thirty years. PEAK continues to represent key technologies from IBM including their Power platform, their full line of Storage solutions, and multiple key Security offerings. PEAK’s staff has the engineering skills to architect the necessary hardware and software solutions to solve our client’s business challenges. We also have the necessary Professional Services resources to implement, configure and manage these systems within your environment. PEAK is proud to be recognized as an IBM Gold Partner which represents our deep commitment and skillsets dedicated to bringing these solutions to our clients.
IBM has been a market leader in IT since it was founded in 1911. Overall, the company spans 170 countries and provides numerous products within hardware and software and different services like consulting. IBM’s initial mission to help “the world work better” still reigns true after over 100 years of business.
More about IBM:
Peak and IBM’s partnership centers around three key categories: IBM’s Power Platform, Storage Solutions, and Security Offerings:
IBM’s Power Platform caters to the requirements of organizations seeking powerful and efficient computing solutions for resource-intensive workloads. By integrating the computational strength of Power Systems servers with optimized software and tools, it offers an ideal solution for data-intensive operations, AI, machine learning, and high-performance computing applications.
IBM’s new Power 10 servers offer different ranges of sizes to fit every business’s needs. IBM’s Scalability models offer customers different core-socket sizes along with different U sizes to broaden capabilities with numerous sizes to suit any customer’s needs. Additionally, the IBM Enterprise models offer larger-scale workloads, memory, and added functionality with capabilities to run many instances of AIX and Linux. Core to the IBM Power server portfolio is IBM’s PowerVM software which is a virtualization environment that can run AIX, IBM i, and Linux virtual machines on IBM Power® servers.
IBM Power Virtual Servers allow businesses to expand their performance capabilities while offloading their hardware to a hybrid cloud opex approach. Virtual Servers offer the same high-powered performance as IBM Power10 while modernizing at the customer’s pace and price point.
Deploying Red Hat solutions on IBM Power can be a safe, more intelligent way to modernize applications. For example, IBM AIX and IBM I applications running on Power servers can easily be ported to run on the Red Hat OpenShift platform. Power servers continue to be a smart investment going forward. In side-by-side performance tests conducted by IBM, the Power S1022 server supported 4.1 times more containers per core. While at the same time, it provides 26% more performance for containerized workloads running on Red Hat OpenShift and MongoDB when compared with a two-socket Intel Xeon® server.
Key Features & Benefits of IBM Power
- IBM’s new Power10 servers: Drive performance and reduce energy consumption.
- Expanding app function: Improve performance of business-critical apps with 57% more performance per core.
- Lowering IT costs: Reducing physical data center footprint and lower cooling and electrical costs.
- Improving security: Employ memory encryption for end-to-end security across the hybrid cloud without impacting app performance.
- Run AI inferencing: Improve the performance of models and lower latency by running AI inferencing at the point of data.
- Provide optimum RAS: Increase uptime and availability of business-critical apps by implementing Active Memory Mirroring.
- Only pay for what you need: Optimize IT spending and budget planning with flexible consumption models.
IBM Storage Solutions
Combining IBM Power and IBM Storage Solutions makes for a frictionless method of consuming end-to-end computing and storage solutions. There are many integrations between IBM’s Power platforms and the portfolio of storage offerings. By staying within the company’s products, IBM adds synergy between the two platforms by ensuring compatibility and functionality.
IBM Storage helps customers do more by ensuring data is secure and easily accessible for faster, more informed decision-making. It efficiently unites disparate data sources, so businesses can customize, automate, and gain insight while reducing overall costs. IBM Storage ensures that data is resilient and ready for hybrid cloud, big data, and AI—and whatever comes next.
Software-Defined Storage by IBM offers a flexible route that makes business changes easy as software updates. It is also cost-effective in the sense that pre-existing infrastructure can be transformed to meet new demands. Finally, Software Defined Storage is agile and supports traditional and new-generation applications with the same infrastructure.
IBM Storage Scale in the IBM Storage portfolio is a cluster file system that provides concurrent, high-performance, high-availability access to data, data replication, policy-based storage management, and multi-site operations. More specific benefits of IBM’s Storage Scale:
- Improve efficiency: Build a sustainable, low-energy, and high-performance infrastructure, that is flexible for multiple concurrent workloads.
- De-risk the business: Allow applications to access the same data no matter what storage interface is used or where the storage is located.
- Unleash the Enterprise Core: Optimize all your workloads and gain the performance, security, protection, and efficiency you require.
- High-performance object storage: Give your applications the choice of interfaces to the data it needs with a high-performance S3 interface to your file and object data.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS OF IBM STORAGE
- Retrieve data faster: Deliver data at scale while maintaining high performance, low latency, and managed data access with limited to no downtime.
- Reduce silos: Consolidate more data and workloads on one platform capable of running at the edge, on-premises, and in cloud environments.
- Improve collaboration: Share data and workloads with the right people at the right time to increase workforce productivity, reduce copies, and improve resource utilization.
- Simplify operations: Centralize data and application services by managing them on a single, scalable platform that integrates with existing IT investments.
- Optimize costs: Reduce application and data sprawl with a unified, flexible storage platform that scales up/down and in/out without compromising performance.
- Reduce risk: Safeguard applications and data and recover quickly from breaches and attacks with integrated security and ransomware protection capabilities.
IBM has acquired several security companies to fall within its domain. Some of the main companies are:
QRadar — a modernized threat detection and response solution designed to unify the security analyst experience and accelerate their speed across the full incident lifecycle. The portfolio is embedded with enterprise-grade AI and automation to dramatically increase analyst productivity, helping resource-strained security teams work more effectively across core technologies. It offers integrated products for endpoint security (EDR, XDR, MDR), log management, SIEM, and SOAR—all with a common user interface, shared insights, and connected workflows.
Guardium —Offers a modern, scalable data security platform that is ready to meet the demands of today’s progressing environments. It protects sensitive and regulated data across multiple cloud environments while managing compliance obligations, discovering where sensitive data lives, encrypting and monitoring what’s important, and reducing risk while responding to threats.
MasS360 — Protects devices, apps, content, and data so businesses can rapidly scale remote workforces and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives while building a zero-trust strategy with modern device management. MaaS360 also adds contextual analytics from artificial intelligence (AI) for actionable insights.
IBM Security Verify (IAM) — a comprehensive identity-as-a-service (IDaaS) solution offered by IBM. It provides organizations with a range of capabilities to manage and secure user identities, access controls, and authentication processes. IBM Security Verify offers several solutions that help organizations enhance their security posture and protect their digital assets.
IBM Security Trusteer —helps to detect fraud, authenticate users, and establish identity trust across the omnichannel customer journey. Trusteer uses cloud-based intelligence, AI, and machine learning to holistically identify new and existing customers while improving the user experience. More than 500 leading organizations rely on Trusteer to help secure their customers’ digital journeys and support business growth.
IBM Security X-Force:
IBM Security’s X-Force is a global team of hackers, researchers, investigators, and responders. Together, they provide hacker-minded and intelligence-driven security services.
- X-Force Red Team of hackers helps reduce the risk of a compromise by finding and helping businesses fix vulnerabilities, exposing the most important applications, networks, hardware, and people to attackers.
- The team offers penetration testing, vulnerability management, and adversary-simulation services, which include red teaming, purple teaming, control testing and tuning, and threat intel testing.
- Defensively, if there is an incident, the X-Force IR team helps you reduce the opportunity for attackers to cause damage by enabling you to find the source of the attack, shut it down, remediate the issue, and fortify your security approach moving forward.
- The Incident Response services include program assessments, incident preparation, detection, and 24/7 emergency response.