Pre- Sales Engineer / IT Architect
The Pre- Sales Engineer position will work closely with engineering, sales and PMO within the company to successfully deliver technical expertise of all core OEM products and service offerings to clients. This role requires networking, cloud, and virtualization technical sales expertise and experience. Cisco and converged networking experience is highly preferred.
- Contribute to the overall success of the sales team
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients based on the technology needs
- Develop content and conduct product demonstrations and webinars
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFI’s/RFP’s
- Assist in the creation of SOW documents and services scoping
- Stay current with certifications and technical expertise in identified core areas
- Prepare cost estimates in line with the needs of clients and budgets
- Prepare ROI/TCO presentations and analysis
- Articulate technology and product knowledge to clients and sales team
- Eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive new approaches toward technology
- Assess and recommend solutions based on client needs
Business Generation / Planning
- Establish strategic planning initiative to provide clients with consistent and accurate upgrade paths across network, storage, compute, cloud technologies being presented
- Take lead on responding to RFP/RFI activities
- Provide business development for market verticals you are involved in.
Client / Vendor Interaction
- Schedule and attend client facing meetings with established clients
- Schedule and Meet with Vendors for account planning
- Send client proposals once approved
- Follow-up on outstanding proposals / validate client has everything needed
- Provide guidance, oversight and quote management with distribution partners.
- Validate quotes referencing contract vehicle
- Look to streamline internal processes so quotes can go out the door expediently with accuracy
- Keep task list updated for all tasks assigned to you
- Attend weekly team and 1:1 meetings to discuss open and in progress tasks
Business Opportunity Generation / Planning
- End of Sale / End of Support Notifications and suggest replacement paths including cloud
- Interact with sales/OEM’s on License Audits & Maintenance Reconciliations
Client / Vendor Interaction
- Schedule meetings / calendar invite/ Webex for sales team as required by projects
Quoting / Orders
- Utilize Programs and Promotions to get PEAK & Client best pricing while maintaining GP
- Have familiarity with Deal Registration process for all vendors
- Validate quotes referencing contract vehicle abide by terms and pricing structure
- Work with Sourcing options to validate pricing and availability of products.
- Work with Operations / Finance to ensure smooth order and invoice process
- Look to streamline internal processes so quotes can go out the door expediently
- Ensure client solution information (Microsoft TEAM Site – internal database – OneDrive etc) and business process information is kept up to date
- Help manage, track and follow-up on action items from meetings
- Work with team to process work items per sales representative as requested.
- Ensure all expenses for the previous month by the first day of the new month for approval.
- End of Sale / End of Support Notifications and suggest replacement path
- Assist with all customer Maintenance Reconciliations, considering options for replacement/cloud technologies and different consumption models
- Take certification tests as requested by Management
Attend weekly team meetings to discuss open tasks
- OEM Certifications suited to position / Cisco / NetApp / Vmware / IBM / pure etc.
OEM CertiThis position has no supervisory responsibilities, but is expected to provide leadership to junior members of staff where requiredfications suited to position / Cisco / NetApp / Vmware / IBM / pure etc.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This job also operates within diverse customer environments.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires up to 50-75% travel within office territory
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related information technology field.
- Working knowledge of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one or more information technology engineering discipline.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this positon
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
PEAK Equal opportunity Statement
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer