Vice President, Information Technology & CTO
The VP, Information Technology provides the vision and leadership for developing, implementing, and supporting information technology initiatives that support the mission statements, technology solutions & directions for PEAK Resources outside sales teams.
The VP, Information Technology must possess an ability for strategic-thinking based on the current and future marketplace trends and directions. The VP, Information Technology leads a team of pre-sales engineers and architects in developing technology solutions in answer to client’s technology requests.
The VP, Information Technology works in close partnership with the management team to represent PEAK Resources’ corporate goals, missions and values. This includes ensuring excellent client relations, as well as engaging in high-priority interactions with PEAK’s diverse client base.
The VP, Information technology will work with the PEAK management teams to ensure the technology invested in remains relevant to the PEAK’s current and future potential clients.
The VP, Information technology will work with Director of Engineering services to ensure that technical enablement is executed upon for engineering delivery teams in support of PEAK’s technology portfolio.
Expert knowledge and application of the distribution channel and its processes’ is necessary. Understanding and leveraging a given OEM’s value proposition to specific market segments is fundamental to success of delivering the right solution based on a given clients success criteria. The VP provides leadership by managing the P&L to achieve stated business objectives and creating client value.
- The VP, Information Technology must possess an above average attention to detail and accuracy, demonstrating organizational skills, teamwork, productivity, flexibility,
- positive attitude, self-motivation and strong presentation and written communication.
- The ability to manage a diverse team, problem solve, think independently and to conduct
- oneself in a professional manner in any given situation are vital to success in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in managing and building a technical organization
- Experience in management of human resources, including providing direction on workflow, employee appraisal, employment and termination decisions
- Demonstrated leadership in the technology market by growing significant and profitable market share
- Negotiation, change management and team development knowledge
- Demonstrated client selling, presentation and leadership skills
- Solid working understanding of the integrated distributed technology life cycle and how it can be used to create value to clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of both internal and external management. Strong at developing and maintaining long term, mutually beneficial relationships with clients
- Conceptual knowledge and interest in the technology industry and a working knowledge of solutions with an understanding of our company’s products and services
- Ability to perform administrative tasks and must have proficiency with computer systems such as word processing, E-mail, usage of the internet and excellent telephone skills
- Aptitude to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, salaries, commissions, proportions, percentages and all aspects of budgets
- Ability to define problems, collect a variety data, establish facts, draw conclusions, follow and give instruction
BA degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Information Systems, IT, Computer Science or Engineering with an information technology focus. MBA preferred.
- Senior level experience leading IT organizations for 15+ years, including public companies with best-practice Information technology policies and IT general controls.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining enterprise applications, including helping to define requirements, evaluating competing solutions, negotiating contracts and the full delivery of the solution.
- Prior experience at principal architecture within IT field.
The VP, Information Technology is the leader and part of a team in which everyone works together and has shared responsibility for the benefit of the client outcome. The VP must ensure that the technology teams spend their time where it can be of best leveraged for benefit of the outside sales teams and PEAK Resources. Final accountability is to PEAK’s customers by looking for ways to improve on ability to deliver courtesy, competence, credibility, access, responsiveness, reliability and empathy.
Contact with Employees/Supervision
The VP Information technology requires close coordination and cooperation with employees since many tasks will require contributions from many members of the PEAK Resources teams. 4 to 8 10 employees will directly report to this role.
A valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record are required for regular business travel.
Outside PEAK Resources
This position requires extensive contact with corporate clients. The VP will stay informed of changes in the market place by networking and building relationships locally.
- Lead and execute PEAK’s technical sales strategy by establishing division goals and plans to meet them.
- Manage P&L to achieve stated business objectives and create client value that generates acceptable profits and market share for PEAK Resources.
- Have working knowledge of PEAK’s overall sales methodology and marketing approach. Plan technical marketing activities and coordinate with staff as required.
- Develop career paths for each employee based on the company’s needs and the individual’s desires, recognize individual accomplishments and insure a workplace that promotes energized and enthusiastic professionals.
- Initiate new accounts and maintain relationships with client’s CIO/CTO. Make improvement by listening and understanding client needs, expectations, concerns and desired directions.
- Conduct weekly group meetings.
- Demonstrate, coach and lead by example using a consultative approach.
- Develop and retain technology subject matter experts and support staff .
- Work closely with the Corporate Recruiter to fulfill staffing needs by hiring highly qualified individuals. Set and review employee salary’s in accordance to company policy’s and standards
- Demonstrate, coach and lead by example.
- Work with Human Resources to maintain efficient records on employee reviews and performance.
- Create, update and implement policies and procedures
- Review performance against objectives by determining priority markets, accounts, and cities for focus and construct account development strategies. Prepare and review monthly reports; forecast and actual sales, summary of previous and current activities (meetings, demos, seminars, telemarketing, etc.)
- Review submitted expense reports as required for approval
- Understand all the services PEAK Resources offers and keep current on industry trends and strategies. Continually work to improve technical and management skills through study, seminars and classes mutually agreed upon by management
- If you are not available to perform your responsibilities, you must notify the President and CEO
- Attend meetings, both internal and external unless excused by President and CEO
- Look for ways to maximize efficiency within the department
- Represent and deliver on PEAK’s goals, mission and values
- Other duties as assigned
PEAK Resources is a professional business environment. Client locations are varied, and employees are expected to dress accordingly when at other locations. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the VP, IT role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.